During two weeks of Winter School (January 2020), hosted by the Glasgow School of Art – Innovation School located in the North of Scotland, Nord Projects and Google developed a design sprint exploring new design approaches for a world under Climate Crisis.
As a background for ideation, two world-scenarios for 2050 were presented :
- Greentocracy – where people followed a strict regime of self-containment to enable wild nature to thrive.
- Humans Inc – focused on social developed in detriment of the natural environment.
5 different lenses were added for inspiration:
- Interconnected world views – How might we understand our place in life?
- Mortality consciousness – How might we engage with death in a positive way?
- Multigenerational Emotions – How might we connect emotionally across generations?
- Legacy Stance – How might we find the motivation to leave a positive legacy?
- Deep time – How might deep time help us rediscover our place in the universe?
Projects can be found here.